My fellow alumni,
Greetings from your Executive.
It is indeed an honor and privilege to be elected President of the Bishops' High School Alumni Association, New York Tri State Chapter Inc. I come to this position knowing that it takes dedication, commitment and hard work to be the President of this vibrant Chapter. Also, for me to succeed I need the executive committee, to whom I say congratulations and thank you for wanting to be a part of this team. I look forward to your guidance and support while working with you over the next two years:
- Vice-President - Camille Boxhill
- Treasurer - Nazeleen Sataur
- Secretary - Jacqueline Smartt
- Asst. Secretary/Treasurer - Wayne Knight
I begin this position with the short term goal of increasing membership - in particular male alumni; getting members who have stopped attending meetings to return and to be active, and to continue fostering good relationships among the active members.
To this end, I would like to announce the following members at large:
- Public Relations Officer - Pattie Briggs
- Fund Raising Chairperson - Jackie Cholmondeley
- Membership Coordinator - Sharon Thomas-Munro
Naturally, the long term goal is -- Reunion 2014. As you are aware, the New York Tri-State Chapter will be hosting the 11th International Reunion; from July 22 to July 27, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Hauppauge, Long Island. The Executive is committed to making this Reunion the Event of 2014. Our plans are being executed and we are excited.
I am gratified by the outpouring of the offers of encouragement that I have received from our members and supporters. Thank you and I look forward to your continued cooperation as we move forward.
Margaret R. Briggs,
Our immediate goals are:
- To encourage financial support of our alma mater, Bishops' High School
- To raise funds by coordinating and promoting fund-raising events
- To promote and enhance effective communications between the School and its alumni
- To nurture relationships with current and future members and encourage them in their endeavor to give back to the School
- To encourage networking among our alumni through our Association's meetings and events
Our long term goals are to:
- Encourage membership
- Promote a viable cyber business network
- Enhance our website to foster business relationships and ecommerce among alumni; and between alumni and our Corporate Associates
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with business
- Encourage corporate donations.
- Encourage more member participation by facilitating membership and collaboration among our members